What a view.
The Eternal Flame for JFK
Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
We had a big day on Thursday touring Gettysburg and Antietam . I was not really interested in this before going but found the history fascinating . Eric has successfully passed down his love of history to our eldest. I have to say it was sad to be there you could almost see and feel the soldiers of both sides who believed in their cause so much they were willing to die for it. I really have a whole new understanding of and about the civil war.
On Friday morning we went on into Washington DC to Arlington Cementery . The tomb of the unknown soldier was very emotional watching the changing of the guards was so interesting, the crowd was fascinated as you could hear a pin drop. The memorial for the Kennedys was next , I didn't realize Jackie lost a baby girl in April and her husband in November the same year. The kids really enjoyed touring the Arlington House and seeing how life was for the Lee Family. Did you know Robert E. Lee and George Washington were related but only through Martha Washington? just a lil history for you. After this it was on to the airport to meet the Roberts.

1 comment:
Love the pictures of Gettysburg etc. Wish we could have been iwth you for that part.. a good vacation overall don't you think? I can't update my blog until you send me some pictures!
Post a Comment